It's a perfect result if high-quality imaging for brachytherapy can come to the patient and radiation oncologist, instead of the other way around.
Image acquisition whenever needed
ImagingRing is an advanced, mobile CT scanner designed specifically for use in Elekta Studio, giving you access to high quality, in-room imaging whenever you need it.
Elekta is the authorized Exclusive Distributor of medPhoton in Brachytherapy. ImagingRing is product manufactured by medPhoton GmbH. ImagingRing may not be available in all markets.
Versatile platform for brachytherapy
Imaging is at the heart of precision radiation therapy, confirming the position of the target and organs at risk (OAR) at the time of treatment delivery. Accurate in-room 3D imaging with ImagingRing puts interventional techniques at your fingertips, ensuring your availability of the information required to treat a wide range of indications.
ImagingRing has a large bore diameter (121 cm), making it suitable for imaging gynecologic cancer, breast cancer and prostate cancer patients in the treatment position. Inclined 2D and 3D imaging provide treatment flexibility for even the most demanding situations.
Simple patient setup
The spacious ImagingRing design minimizes patient anxiety and is suitable for all treatment positions. You have complete access to patients during cancer treatments, and the flexible tilting gantry allows them to be scanned easily in the correct position.
Fully mobile scanning
ImagingRing is a lightweight, compact and fully mobile CT scanner. Its slimline design makes it convenient to store, to move the device easily around the treatment room and between rooms if required. It even fits in a standard hospital elevator.
Uncompromised image quality
The ability of ImagingRing to perform rapid in-room imaging at the time of treatment allows brachytherapy plans to be adapted quickly to each patient's current anatomy.
Quality at every step
- With its large flat panel detector (43 x 43 cm), ImagingRing provides the high-quality images required for advanced image-guided adaptive brachytherapy techniques.
- With ImagingRing, it is possible to obtain detailed, artifact-free 2D or 3D images for every step of the workflow, including applicator and needle navigation, treatment planning, verification, and treatment delivery.
ImagingRing can be equipped with advanced imaging capability, such as;
- Dual energy 2D acquisitions, to enhance soft tissue image quality and soft tissue/bone separation
- Metal artifact reduction, to minimize the image quality impact of metal implants
- Increased maximum energy, for higher tissue penetration (e.g., for obese patients)
- Optimized bowtie filter, to improve contrast and reduce scatter artifacts
ImagingRing includes comprehensive fluoroscopic capabilities for real-time image guidance during needle insertion.
Ensuring patient comfort
ImagingRing means that you no longer need to move patients on and off the treatment table or from room to room.
The spacious ImagingRing design minimizes patient anxiety and is suitable for all treatment positions. You have complete access to patients during treatment.
Fast in-room imaging allows you to streamline your treatment procedures in one place, ensuring shorter treatment cycles, reduced risk of applicator or needle displacement, and a better overall experience for your patients.
- The wireless RingPad (HMI) brings control closer to the patient, who can be reassured as ImagingRing is smoothly guided into position.
- The RingPad is used to control the ImagingRing, as well as review and export images.
- An external medical-grade image review monitor and workstation are also available.
Empowering through education
Peer-to-peer education platform for brachytherapy professionals
The BrachyAcademy comprises a complete peer-to-peer medical education library and includes programs such as clinical workshops and training visits to leading hospitals worldwide.Learn more
We've created our online educational brachytherapy portal for patients and those who are supporting patients throughout their curative treatment, to provide key information and to help those affected gain an understanding of brachytherapy.
Elekta Care is your partner for success. Our people and technology keep you running reliably and efficiently while helping you to optimize outcomes and grow your practice. We are by your side to support you now and deliver a lifetime of high performance and progress.Elekta Care