Elekta Privacy Notice
Privacy information for Elekta's Customer Surveys
- Who are we?
- What information do we collect about you?
- How will we use the information you provide?
- How long will we keep the information you provide?
- How do we ensure your personal information is held securely?
- Third party services (data processors)
- Your rights
- How to contact us
- Changes to our privacy notice
- Useful links
Who are we?
Elekta is a leading innovator of equipment and software used to improve, prolong and save the lives of people with cancer and brain disorders. Elekta's treatment solutions and oncology informatics portfolios are designed to enhance the delivery of radiation therapy, radiosurgery and brachytherapy, and to drive cost efficiency in clinical workflows. Elekta employs 3,600 people around the world. Headquartered in Stockholm, Sweden, Elekta is listed on NASDAQ Stockholm Exchange.
What information do we collect about you?
Participation in this survey is voluntary, and you are free to decide not to take part if you do not want to. Your decision will not affect your relationship with Elekta in any way.
If you do take part, Elekta will collect the information you provide by completing the online questionnaire. If you enter contact information within the survey or contact Elekta for any reason regarding this survey, Elekta will also use any contact information you may provide to respond to your request.
How will we use the information you provide?
Elekta conducts customer surveys to gather feedback to improve the products and services we provide and in accordance to ISO 13485:2016 Medical devices — Quality management systems — Requirements for regulatory purposes.
Elekta will use your personal data linked to the survey response as follows:
- To improve the products and service we provide
- To identify product or service failures or needs for which Elekta may contact you directly in order to address any issues you may be experiencing.
- For account management purposes to understand how Elekta can improve the way we deliver products and services to you.
This identifiable data will only be shared with relevant people who are involved in the delivery or development of our products and services, who monitor quality and adherence to Elekta internal policies, and who may reside within the European Economic Area(EEA) and outside the EEA.
Data may also be processed incidentally by people in Elekta as part of survey deployment, survey analysis or IT maintenance and development.
Any survey data that is shared more widely is aggregated and with your personal data removed. Please be aware that comments made within the open text boxes are shared and Elekta recommend that that you do not provide any personal identifiable information within the free text boxes from which it would be possible to identify you in order to keep your survey responses anonymous.
How long will we keep the information you provide?
Elekta will store and utilize personal data linked to a survey response for a maximum of 3 years before it is fully anonymized.
How do we ensure your personal information is held securely?
Elekta values the trust that you place in us by letting us act as custodians of your data. We take our responsibility to protect and secure your information seriously and strive for complete transparency around our security practices. As such we take every reasonable precaution to ensure your information is protected from loss, theft or misuse. These precautions include:
- appropriate physical security of our offices,
- controlled access to computer systems,
- use of secure internet connections when collecting personal information,
- use of secure services hosted by trusted third-party data centers that are audited using the industry standard SSAE-16 SOC 1 Type 2 method,
- maintenance and regular reviews and updates of information security policies,
- vulnerability management program which includes periodic scans, identification, and remediation of security vulnerabilities on servers, workstations, network equipment,
- vendor security assessment procedures,
- asset management policy which includes identification, classification, retention, and disposal of information and assets
- security incident response policies and procedures covering the initial response, investigation, customer notification, public communication, and remediation.
Despite best efforts, no method of transmission over the Internet and no method of electronic storage is perfectly secure. We cannot guarantee absolute security. However, if we learn of a security breach, we will notify affected users so that they can take appropriate protective steps. Our breach notification procedures are in line with our obligations under applicable country level, state and federal laws and regulations.
Elekta has regular internal and external audits of its information security, and is accredited to the International Standard for Information Security, ISO 27001.
Third party services (data processors)
- Qualtrics: https://www.qualtrics.com
- Ipsos MORI: https://www.ipsos.com
- Microsoft Office 365: https://www.office.com
You have the right to know whether Elekta holds information about you and, if we do, to have access to that information and require it to be corrected if it is inaccurate. You also have the right to have your personal data erased or blocked if any of the processing of it is in violation with the applicable privacy legislation. You also have the right to lodge any complaints you may have regarding Elekta's processing of your personal data to a supervisory authority.
Elekta can provide a copy of your responses to the customer survey, together with the personal information used to contact you for this survey on request at any time before the results are anonymized. In addition, you can opt-out of receiving further customer surveys.
How to contact us
If you have any questions about this survey, please contact the Elekta survey team:
Director, Global Marketing & Customer Intelligence
Elekta Limited, Cornerstone, London Road, Crawley, West Sussex, RH10 9BL, United Kingdom
With “Information about Elekta's Surveys” as the subject line.
If you have any questions or require further information about our privacy notice, our compliance with data protection laws or information we hold about you, please contact:
Data Privacy/HIPAA Privacy Officer
Elekta, 400 Perimeter Center Terrace, Suite 50, Atlanta, GA 30346, United States
With “Information about Elekta's Surveys” as the subject line.
You also have the right to lodge any complaints you may have regarding Elekta's processing of your personal data to a supervisory authority.
Changes to our privacy notice
We keep our privacy notice under regular review. This privacy notice was last updated on 22 December 2021.
Information Commissioners Office: www.ico.org.uk
Market Research Society: www.mrs.org.uk