The year got off to a great start, demonstrating that innovation enables growth, with an increase in order intake by 32 percent. Underlying profitability increased, benefitting from higher net sales and improved gross margin. With this very encouraging quarter, we’re in a strong position to continue creating value and strengthening our leadership in precision radiation medicine.
President and CEO
• Gross order intake amounted to SEK 4,390 M (3,174), corresponding to a 32 percent organic growth.
• Net sales were SEK 3,228 M (2,819), corresponding to a 9 percent organic growth.
• Gross margin amounted to 42.6 (39.1) percent.
• EBITA increased by 16 percent to SEK 448 M (386), corresponding to an EBITA margin of 13.9 percent (13.7).
• Earnings per share was SEK 0.38 (0.43) before/after dilution.
• Cash flow after continuous investments was SEK -784 M (-542).
• 13 Elekta Unity orders booked in the quarter.
• At today’s AGM the Board of Directors proposes a dividend of SEK 1.80 (1.40) per share for the fiscal year 2018/19 to be divided into two payments.
Significant events after the quarter
• Lionel Hadjadjeba has been hired and appointed as President MR-Linac Solutions to drive the commercialization of Elekta Unity.
• Verena Schiller has been appointed President Neuro Solutions to further develop our neuro business.
Reiterated outlook for fiscal year 2019/20
• Net sales growth of 8-10 percent, based on constant exchange rates.
• EBITA margin of around 19 percent.
1 After continuous investments
2 Before / after dilution
3 Compared to last fiscal year based on constant exchange rates
# # #
For further information, please contact:
Cecilia Ketels, Head of Investor Relations
Tel: +46 76 611 76 25, e-mail: email@example.com
Time zone: CET: Central European Time
This is information that Elekta AB (publ) is obliged to make public pursuant to the EU Market Abuse Regulation. The information was submitted for publication at 07:30 CET on August 22, 2019. (REGMAR)
For almost five decades, Elekta has been a leader in precision radiation medicine. Our nearly 4,000 employees worldwide are committed to ensuring everyone in the world with cancer has access to – and benefits from – more precise, personalized radiotherapy treatments. Headquartered in Stockholm, Sweden, Elekta is listed on NASDAQ Stockholm Exchange. Visit elekta.com or follow @Elekta on Twitter.