ATLANTA US — Wednesday, June 15, 2016
Elekta has recently entered into an agreement to serve as the sole distributor of Kobold Medical’s brachytherapy applicators in the United States. Adding to its expansive current portfolio of brachytherapy solutions, Elekta will market four Kobold applicators – each featuring a 10-year expected life – and the Kobold prostate template.
The solutions include:
- Fletcher applicator set: The Kobold Fletcher-model Tandem and Ovoid Applicator Set is utilized for HDR radiation boosts to the cervix and parametrial tissues in conjunction with external beam radiation therapy where HDR radiation treatment of the cervix and uterus is accepted by up-to-date clinical guidelines.
- Henschke applicator set: The Kobold Henschke-model Tandem and Ovoid Applicator Set is used when the vaginal vault space is limited or narrow due to tumor, restricted anatomy or fibrosis. The applicator is best used in any case in which HDR radiation treatment of the cervix and uterus is accepted by up-to-date clinical guidelines.
- Tandem & ring set: The HDR Kobold Tandem and Ring Applicator Set is used to provide an HDR radiation boost to the cervix and parametrical tissues in conjunction with external beam radiation therapy.
- Vaginal cylinder applicator set: The CT-compatible Kobold Vaginal Cylinder Applicator Set is indicated for use in any case in which HDR radiation treatment of the vagina is accepted by up-to-date clinical guidelines.
- Prostate HDR template: The Kobold Prostate HDR Template is a single-use, disposable device customizable for any prostate shape or size.
“We are pleased to offer our brachytherapy users in the United States these high quality products from Kobold,” says Bill Yaeger, Elekta Executive Vice President, Region North America. “Adding these solutions to our brachytherapy portfolio will help us better serve the needs of clinical providers.”
To learn more, visit elekta.com/brachytherapy/kobold-applicators/.
Elekta is a human care company pioneering significant innovations and clinical solutions for treating cancer and brain disorders. The company develops sophisticated, state-of-the-art tools and treatment planning systems for radiation therapy, radiosurgery and brachytherapy, as well as workflow enhancing software systems across the spectrum of cancer care. Stretching the boundaries of science and technology, providing intelligent and resource-efficient solutions that offer confidence to both health care providers and patients, Elekta aims to improve, prolong and even save patient lives.
Today, Elekta solutions in oncology and neurosurgery are used in over 6,000 hospitals worldwide. Elekta employs around 3,800 employees globally. The corporate headquarters is located in Stockholm, Sweden, and the company is listed on NASDAQ Stockholm. Website: www.elekta.com Twitter: @Elekta.