Company to distribute Leksell Gamma Knife, Leksell Stereotactic System, SonoWand and other advanced Elekta Neuroscience products to treat brain disorders and cancerAfghanistan — Thursday, May 20, 2010
Medical centers and clinics in Malaysia now have a channel through which to acquire exclusive Elekta Neuroscience solutions to help their patients with brain disorders and cancer. Abex Medical System, Sdn. Bhd., (Selangor Darul Ehsan, Malaysia) which sells, installs, tests, commissions and repairs a variety of medical equipment and supplies, also will now distribute key Elekta solutions for radiosurgery and minimally invasive neurosurgery.
“Abex Medical System has been a trusted provider of medical products and equipment service for nearly three decades in Malaysia,” says Ian Alexander, Executive Vice President of Elekta’s Asia Pacific Region. “We are proud to enlist Abex to help provide Malaysian hospitals and clinics with proven Elekta solutions to benefit their patients.”
Elekta Neuroscience products that Abex Medical System will distribute include:
• Leksell Gamma Knife®: the gold standard system for stereotactic radiosurgery (i.e., Gamma Knife surgery) of a wide range of pathological and functional disorders, including benign and malignant tumors—particularly metastases—and arteriovenous malformations. Leksell Gamma Knife delivers a single, high dose of irradiation to a small and critically located intra-cranial volume through the intact skull. Gamma Knife surgery is preferred for its extreme accuracy, efficiency and outstanding therapeutic response. The fifth generation Leksell Gamma Knife® Perfexion™ dramatically streamlines workflow and expands the treatable volume through an automated, multi-source collimator.
• Leksell Stereotactic System®: the preferred system for functional neurosurgery. Exceptional imaging, high platform rigidity and ease of use ensure that critical accuracy requirements are met for this surgical discipline. It also is the first choice for biopsies, in which accuracy and flexibility are required for fast, cost-efficient procedures.
• SonoWand Invite™: compact, single-rack system that revolutionizes intra-operative ultrasound by providing integrated, high-precision 3D imaging – on demand. With SonoWand Invite, surgeons can still use standard preoperative MR and CT images – along with intra-operative ultrasound data.
• Surgical navigation accessories: including 3D-Arm™ and Henning Instrument Guide™.
• Leksell® Neuro Generator: a complete system designed for performing functional neurosurgery and pain treatment.
• MicroDrive™: a system designed to find the optimal electrode position for functional targets with the utmost accuracy to achieve the best clinical outcome. This provides exact positioning of electrodes in the brain when performing Micro Electrode Recording (MER), macro stimulation and lead electrode implantation.