The Audit Committee consists of three members appointed by the Board for a term of one year in connection with the Annual General Meeting 2013: Hans Barella (Chairman of the Committee), Jan Secher and Birgitta Stymne Göransson. The President and CEO and the CFO also attended the Committee’s meetings.
The objective of the Audit Committee is to ensure that the Group’s financial reporting and management of financial risks are handled in accordance with laws, regulations and established financial principles. The Committee works in accordance with guidelines adopted by the Board. The Committee keeps the Board regularly informed and refers matters to the Board for decision as necessary.
Work during the year
During the fiscal year, the Audit Committee held 4 minuted meetings. The most important matters discussed at the meetings were:
- Performance of the Company’s internal control
- Preparation of internal audit and compliance functions to work with internal control and regulatory compliance in the Group
- Examination and evaluation of the external auditors and their work
- Examination of the quality of Elekta’s financial reporting and control of each interim report
- Follow-up of financial key figures
- Planning of audit work for the year
- Analysis of Elekta’s financial risks and examination of the Group’s risk management